The Graphic Designer / Web-Developer role supports two existing Graphic Designers and the wider marketing team in producing a range of creative assets across Defected’s branded content.
Including music releases, events artwork & production, merchandise and more. In addition, the role includes design and frontend development of various websites across Defected’s brands, email design, and design & UX/UI support to our developers. The role is based in the Defected office in East London.
Key Role Objectives:
- Produce compelling campaign assets for record label, events and merchandise projects for use across multiple marketing and promotional channels
- Produce all creative work according to specific brand guidelines where required
- Product designs for multiple website applications and sites, including frontend development and design input on larger projects.
- Work with the marketing team to agreed briefs and approvals
- Produce a comprehensive ranges of marketing assets for all designated release projects
- Produce events creative for production and for promotional and marketing use
- Manage and maintain websites, adhering to best web design practices
- Overall creative deliverables will include:
- Sleeve artwork and packshots for both physical and digital releases
- Online and print marketing materials including digital banners
- Social media content and marketing assets
- Email / newsletter marketing materials
- Events flyers, posters and other branding materials
- Development of micro-sites to serve marketing requirements
- Design and content management on our primary site and Defected Store
- Online store promotional and marketing assets
- Internal communication documents – press releases, press packs, presentations etc
- Work with Graphic Designer and Production Manager to prepare release artwork for print production/digital distribution
- Ensure all artwork deadlines are met and files delivered in correct formats to various platforms
- Maintain central artwork filing system – release artwork, all formats, marketing, templates etc
- Play a part in pitching new ideas for new creative projects
- General creative assistance across the business
- Apply a brand marketing approach to all creative work
- Ability to work to a brief whilst remaining flexible
- A strong commercial design perspective
- A expert knowledge of current web design trends and best practices.
- Expert Adobe Creative Cloud Software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), skills are essential
- Experience of DNS & web server management.
- Experience of backend programming would be a big plus, particularly in the PHP & Python languages and experience with Magento 2.0.
- Knowledge of UX/UI design principles would be an advantage.
- Proficiency in Sketch would also be a plus.
- Be a team player, but must also be comfortable working individually and to tight deadlines
- Passion for music
Please e-mail your CV and examples of work to: firstname.lastname@example.org