Headquarters: Jacksonville, FL
Why work at ZenCase?
At ZenCase, we build powerful solutions for law firms. We are a small, development-driven company, founded by a lawyer. Most of the engineers at ZenCase work remotely, however we do have an office in Jacksonville, Florida if you want to work in an office environment. We are looking for team members who have a high level of independence and are focused on creating amazing solutions to complex problems.
What would you be working on?
ZenCase is legal practice management software that enables lawyers to work more efficiently using automation, knowledge management, and best of breed technology.
In your daily life at ZenCase, you can expect to:
- Take ownership of your projects and have a voice in how and what gets built.
- Contribute to various parts of our product, which consists of a Ruby on Rails backend and Ember.js frontend.
- Help own operations, reliability, availability, and security of our application.
- Collaborate with your fellow team of developers.
- Engage in a healthy culture of code reviewing and pairing alongside a team of smart, thoughtful, like-minded developers.
You should apply to join the team if:
- You have experience running, testing, and contributing to one of the following:
- a backend application (e.g., Ruby on Rails, Django, Express.js)
- a frontend application (e.g., Ember.js, React, Angular)
- You have experience working with PostgreSQL or other relational databases.
- You have experience operating and maintaining production systems in a Linux and public cloud environment.
- You are familiar with AWS and/or other cloud-based computing platforms.
- You are familiar with infrastructure management concepts and ecosystem.
- You have expertise in object oriented design, database design, and XML schema.
- You have experience with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies.
- You have the ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work.
At ZenCase, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, please apply anyway! USA candidates preferred.
All work requires excellent written communication skills. For this reason, we require a cover letter for your application to be considered complete. In your cover letter, please describe why you are interested in working at ZenCase and what draws you to this role in particular! Specifics of your past experiences that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/zencase-senior-software-engineer-ruby-on-rails
This content was originally published here.